Saturday 31 August 2013

Youth Speaks: Rochelle

I've had the opportunity to go on two Cred trips, both to Kenya, to Spurgeons Academy in Kibera slum.

Both trips I have seen myself and other being impacted by the new cultural and love of the country.  

These trips have allowed me to open my eyes to a new way of thinking and seeing.  

I was able to see how the children, the teachers and children’s family actually live. This made me look at everything in completely different way, a way in which I had never experienced before.  

Even though the trip had its overwhelming emotional times, I wouldn’t change these moments for the world. These are the moments which make me the person I am today. 

My attitudes and perspectives of life are viewed the way they are now because of the experiences I have been faced with on the trips.  

The Cred trips also allowed me to discover my love for teaching and they have given me a passion to want to become a teacher, which I am now pursuing at University.  

If anyone is given the opportunity to go on a Cred trip, I would fully recommended going on it. The amount you get from these trips is more than any person can ask more, memories which can never been forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment