Saturday 30 May 2020

What I can do.

It's very easy to slip into thinking of all the things that I'm not able to do at this time - hugs is probably top of the list, followed by being with friends and family who are too far away to visit in a day, going to places where I don't need to work out what I'll do in the case of needing a loo, and travelling to Africa.
Those activities frequently creep into my thoughts as evidence of how limiting and frustrating lockdown is. And that's not a good place to keep wandering to.
So I try to replace the thoughts with positives - what I am able to do, what I have been able to achieve.
And this photo is a good reminder of that.


It is of 4 families in Acholi Quarters who, along with so many others, are unable to gain any form of income due to lockdown in Uganda. Without money there is no food. And so for them and so many others, coronavirus has been more about the fear of starving to death.

But these 4 families, along with 25 other families, are part of the Lubanga Ber co-operative, who are linked to one of the CRED Partners. And one thing that I have been able to do during lockdown is to mobilise donations of thousands of pounds, which have gone out to support our various partners as they have been doing what they can to help in their communities.

So these 4 families represent the many families who have received food parcels, or money for food, during this time, and as a result have stayed away from starvation.

And that's quite a good thing to be able to say that I have done during lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment