Friday 21 March 2014

Prayers answered many many times!


Never underestimate the power of prayer! Big prayers, little prayers – they all count.

I’m sitting in Entebbe Airport waiting for my flight to Kenya, having had a beautiful 14 hours spent with Natalie, who I hadn’t seen since she departed on her gap year travels back in September last year. It’s been a really lovely time – really REALLY lovely, and even better is the knowledge that there is more to come when I return from Kenya at the same time as Tim and Rozzie arrive in Uganda next week, and we are all together for a week.

Throughout it all I’ve been so very aware of God’s presence, watching over us and smiling, and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed by it all. And that’s where the power of prayer comes in.

Last Sunday, Tim and I were prayed for at church, and afterwards I was asked by one of the church members to let me know details about the trip so that he can pray daily for us. I sent them through, and also blogged them a couple of days back. Off the back of that this particular gentleman sent me an e-mail with specific prayers for my day yesterday, and then another e-mail today with specific prayers for today. And they have all been answered!

From the sweet reunion with Natalie, to the ease of getting the luggage checked in (they didn’t charge me excess baggage for all the resources I was taking out for Natalie), to the ease of the journey (I had a row of 4 clear seats so could lie down and sleep), to the passengers around (prof of Classics at Bristol Uni on the first leg, and then about 10 – 12 missionaries from various places doing various works on the main flight), to the conversations (very inspiring and uplifting as we shared about different missional works we are involved in), to the immigration at Uganda (first in line for the visa, and a very friendly visa lady), to the motel we stayed at (clean, friendly, delicious breakfast, wifi, hot shower), to the conversations and prayers with Natalie – and many more as well – thank you to this particular person for his prayers, and to all of you for your prayers as well – I know they are many and generous.

Chatting to Natalie and hearing some of her stories, the power of prayer comes through even more.  It doesn’t mean that everything is always a bed of roses and without any hassles, but it’s that sense of God’s presence in it all, and being able to look back and see how God worked everything for good, even if it’s not so easy to see at the time.

And of course the other side of being the recipient of so many prayers, and being the beneficiary of the power of prayer, is the opportunity to bestow that blessing on others, and pray for others that they may also be able to testify to the power of prayer in their lives – and that is what I undertake to do more of, hour by hour, day by day.

Thank you for your prayers already said, and for those still to come – there is so much to achieve on this trip, and my mind needs to be functioning at many levels, and with many different hats on along the way – as wife and mother, but also all the CRED side of things, and representing different schools, and being a friend…… Thank you for your prayers in it all.

May you also know the power of prayer in your life, and if you have specific requests for prayer, please send them my way so I can do my bit.

Blessings to you

No comments:

Post a Comment