Saturday 14 March 2020

And we’re off!



Just over four months ago I was having some conversations in Uganda and Rwanda about a training package that I was delivering. It was a very good package, but for those I was delivering it to, it was too limited, and the conversations that I was having were highlighting this. I came home with a sense that something new needed to be birthed to fulfil the requests.

There followed weeks of prayer and reflection, of conversation with various professionals, of reading and research, and of developing the new training materials, including logo and branding.

I trialled the materials on a few friends who hadn’t been overly involved in the development process, made a few tweaks, and am delighted to say I have now just delivered the materials for the first time to ‘proper clients’ in the shape of three workshops!

The ‘guinea-pigs’ for this auspicious moment were various groups from Glory of Christ Church in Kampala – and the feedback has been wonderful. Yes, there are changes to make, further resources to develop, and still quite a journey ahead – but that’s to be expected and shows that the participants were engaged and enthusiastic enough about it all to be giving the recommendations. 

None of the three workshops were quite as expected – the first one should have been to the whole church, but the leaders cancelled it as they weren’t sure if CV19 would stop me arriving. So, once they know that I had made it into the country they pulled together a smaller audience – which in some ways was good as it meant my first delivery was to a more interactive group. Oh, and the power was out for the start of that one, so my lovely PowerPoint was redundant to start with. 



The session for teachers went fine except they all turned up so late that I wasn’t able to get all the materials done. And similarly, today the leaders’ session started as a very small group. But that allowed for much more of a conversation-style delivery and really going to a depth that wouldn’t be possible in front of a larger audience.


What I did have throughout it all, however, was a real sense of being in the right place and doing the right thing. Indeed, this whole journey has been full of confirmations that this is what God has been leading me to, and the past few days have really felt like God’s hand is all over it even down to the fact that I entered the country less than 24 hours before Uganda imposed travel restrictions on all people who were coming from UK.

So, I thank God for this journey and for the chance to share this knowledge with others, and I pray that it will bless them, whoever and wherever they are.

Excited to be continuing the journey of 360-Life and seeing where God takes it, and me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment